Medically Complex Rehabilitation
We’re here to help
An illness or chronic condition may leave you weak and lacking the strength, skills and energy to perform everyday tasks. You may have balance, walking or speaking challenges, as well as cognition and memory issues.
Our medical rehabilitation specialists understand these difficult and frustrating situations. We offer advanced treatment, strategies and support to restore strength, endurance and abilities.
Our experienced rehabilitation teams treat patients recovering from a wide range of medically complex conditions, such as:
- Post-surgical care for coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair, left ventricular assistive device (LVAD) implantation and other cardiovascular procedures
- Fatigue from cardiac conditions such as congestive heart failure (CHF) and myocardial infarction (MI)
- Frailty from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema and asthma
Select Rehabilitation Hospital of Denton draws on the expertise of medical rehabilitation specialists to address the range of physical and functional issues that occur from medically complex conditions.
This interdisciplinary team is led by a physiatrist, a physician board-certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and includes rehabilitation nurses; physical, occupational and speech therapists; dietitians; pharmacists; case managers and other clinical and support staff, as needed.
In addition, family members are an important part of the care team. They may be asked to participate in therapy sessions to understand and support your needs.
Every patient is different with varied challenges, goals and expectations. Treatment will be tailored to your individual needs to help:
- Restore physical abilities
- Build strength and endurance
- Improve balance, coordination and mobility
- Enhance skills to perform daily activities
- Optimize independence
To help you return home and resume work, school, community and/or social activities, Select Rehabilitation Hospital of Denton provides unparalleled continuity of care. We are here to help you manage your health from inpatient to outpatient care.
How can we help you?
We will work closely with you and your family, physician and/or the referring hospital to ensure a smooth transition to Select Rehabilitation Hospital of Denton for your recovery.