At Select Rehabilitation Hospital of Denton, our comprehensive approach to rehabilitation provides continuity of care from inpatient to outpatient settings. We offer medical, therapy and other clinical services to meet your needs, interests and goals. Below is a list of therapy services offered at our outpatient center.
Our individualized physical therapy treatment services help optimize muscle control, balance, flexibility and mobility; they also build strength and endurance.
Our highly-trained physical therapists evaluate and treat the complex physical and functional challenges that result from spinal cord, orthopedic or brain injury, stroke, amputation, a musculoskeletal condition or neurologic disorders.
Our in-house vestibular rehabilitation program provides highly specialized testing to evaluate clients for central and peripheral dysfunction including motion sensitivity and benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (episodes of dizziness and a sensation of spinning with certain head movements).
Physical therapy also offers LSVT BIG® for Parkinson’s Disease. LSVT BIG® is an intensive, effective, one-on-one treatment created to help people with Parkinson's disease (PD) and other neurological conditions address walking, balance and other activities of daily living (e.g., writing, dressing and getting up from low chairs) or even job-related tasks.
In addition, physical therapy is effective in treating a wide range of conditions that result from sports- or work-related injuries and common medical conditions including strains and sprains; muscle, tendon and ligament tears; arthritis; bursitis; tendonitis; joint inflammation; fractures and breaks.
In occupational therapy, we help you develop the skills required for basic everyday life and ultimately, work. Our occupational therapists use a patient-centered approach to address functional and cognitive weaknesses. We employ evidence-based techniques and advanced technologies to help you achieve as much independence as possible.
Neuro sensorimotor integrator (NSI) is an easy-to-use rehabilitation system used to evaluate and improve abilities in individuals with disabilities resulting from traumatic injuries and movement disorders as well as patients with vestibular problems. Using a 50-inch touch screen, the NSI is designed to offer a host of therapy procedures to a wide range of patients requiring visual or neurological therapy.
Our therapists develop custom treatment plans that meet your individual needs following neurologic injuries such as stroke or traumatic brain injury as well as limb loss, orthopedic and medically complex conditions.
Speech therapy services offered at Select Rehabilitation Hospital of Denton address problems with communication, language, cognition, voice or swallowing. Our certified speech-language pathologists diagnose and treat a variety of disorders resulting from stroke, brain injury, cancer and other neurological conditions, including Parkinson's disease and dementia. Areas commonly addressed include:
- Aphasia – Impaired communication skills resulting from injury to the brain's language center.
- Motor Speech – Impaired speech articulation or motor planning, typically from stroke or other neurological condition.
- Dysphagia - Impaired ability to swallow solids or liquids properly. We provide traditional swallowing exercises in addition to neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) and head-and-neck cancer swallow preservation protocol training. Modified barium swallow studies are performed onsite.
- Cognitive impairment – Difficulty with attention, memory and executive functioning commonly caused by brain injury or stroke. Comprehensive dementia patient/family training is available.
- Voice disorders - Disorders characterized by the abnormal production and/or absence of vocal quality, pitch, loudness, resonance and/or duration.
We offer Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT LOUD®), a program used to treat voice disorders seen in patients with Parkinson’s disease.
Need rehabilitation? Let us help.
From inpatient to outpatient, Select Rehabilitation Hospital of Denton offers the care, treatment, programs and services to meet your needs.